View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 05:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Please explain a snap bid?

I think I understand the basics of a snap bid, but more information is needed. Can a PNM ask for a snap bid from a house that cut her earlier or can only the house offer the snap bid?

On pref night she has two houses; if she doesn't receive a bid from either of these two houses she would like to try for a snap bid at her very first, first choice house where she was cut after round 3. She knows they gave a snap bid last year, but only one, so she is aware it is a long shot. She likes both of the house where she was preffed, but loved the house she would be interested in a snap bid.

I don't know anything about snap bids other than what I have read here so I don't know how to advise her. I didn't know if she should inform her RC of her thoughts, or of that wasn't a good idea. I wasn't sure what the RC should know and not know. Or does she wait and see if the RC calls her tomorrow and tells her she wasn't offered a bid, and then ask about snap bidding? Or is this something she should take up with the sorority itself or the greek office?

Help a new mother out here!