View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 04:45 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralaylin View Post
When I joined as an undergrad, I couldn't have told you if my organization had two chapters or two thousand. What mattered to me was that I was happy with my sisters. After graduation however, I've really come to care much more about us on an international level.
I was the exact opposite -- but then again, that's what happens when your chapter's the only NPC on campus and we're located smack dab in the middle of the Pacific Ocean and the nearest chapter is a 5 hour flight away.

Whenever rush comes around, the fact that we ARE international is one of our biggest selling points. I knew that the resources the Fraternity could provide me numbered more than that of the ones of the local sororities on campus.

Our span of chapters goes from Hawaii to Nova Scotia...however it wasn't until I attended my first International Convention in 2001 that I was able to witness firsthand the enormity of it all.

And to echo what AGDee said -- I was one of the "jaw-droppers" at Convention when I met Jane Graf for the first time. Conventions just won't be the same without her.