Thread: How Common Now?
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 10:41 AM
GreekChat Member

My sorority seems to be supporting the idea (it's a point to be added for excellence at the alumnae chapter level), but the tactic seems to be going after those awesome women we know who are unaffiliated. I have a few friends who I think would be excellent additions. Explaining why they would want it (because these are not women who feel like they missed out on something in college) is a bit of a challenge. And one said, do they TAKE black women? HA! I felt the need to say "do you mean do they take highly accomplished engineers who have traveled the world and can make any candidate for any office win? Yes, we take those."

I've never walked through the entire process to see what the challenges are for the "applicant" but since our convention is relatively close next time I would like to get one in our ranks. For Alpha Xi Delta, the initiation itself has to happen at a collegiate chapter or at convention. None of us have a direct connection to our closest collegiate chapter so participating as an adult in a college initiation among strangers would probably be weird.