View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

So, I go to a medium-sized school in the Midwest. We only have 7 sororities on campus, but greek life is pretty prominent on campus. The 7 sororities are:

Alpha Chi Omega
Alpha Phi
Delta Delta Delta
Delta Gamma
Kappa Alpha Theta
Kappa Kappa Gamma
Pi Beta Phi

I am not very creative so I will use fruit as my codenames. The new names will be (in no particular order)...
APPLE
PINEAPPLE
KIWI
CHERRY
WATERMELON
ORANGE
MANGO

I forgot to mention earlier that the school I attend has a deferred recruitment, so we don't go through the process until after winter break. Because of this, I already had some pre-conceived notions of what I thought some of these chapters were like..

DAY 1!!!
Today was open house round and we went to all the houses..
First was pineapple - Going in to recruitment, I was sort of iffy on this house. I knew a couple sisters from classes, but I never thought I would feel at home here. The conversations at the house didn't make my impression any better either. Although the sisters were nice, everything seemed somewhat dull and I just never felt very comfortable here. I left feeling bummed because this was my first house and first experience and it just wasn't all that great...I definitely did not want to return here.

orange - This house was MUCH better than pineapple! I went into this house knowing these girls were considered the "top house" on campus and were always down to have a good time. I am an outgoing person, and like to have fun myself, but I didn't know if I was QUITE like these girls. However, I LOVED it here! Everyone was SO upbeat and friendly. I liked the 2 different girls I talked to a lot and I left DEFINITELY wanting to come back here!

watermelon - I went into this house knowing it was considered "bottom tier" and after my wonderful time at orange, I was not looking forward to this, however, I decided to give it a chance, and I was glad I did. Although it wasn't an AWESOME time, I did like it here more than I thought. I had a decent conversation with the girl and it wasn't as awkward as I thought it may be. I left thinking I wouldn't be UPSET if I were invited back, but I didn't really care either way.

mango - going in to recruitment, I REALLY wanted to be a mango! These girls were so chill, laid back and down to earth, which I LOVE! I had some really good conversations and I still loved how laid-back it all seemed. I left wanting to come back here!

apple - I actually liked this house much more than I had expected. Going in to this house, I thought the girls seemed sort of "preppy" and snobby. However, I really liked the girl I talked to. We discovered we would have a class together the next semester, so we would have something to talk about. I left the house liking it and hoping to be asked back so I could give it more of a chance

kiwi - Coming into this house, I felt like I already knew a lot about it. I had multiple friends in this house and knew a lot of people. The girl I talked to was nice enough, but I was surprised I wasn't paired with one of my closer friends..... I left liking the house alright and I wanted to be asked back so I could give it another chance. I knew my friends loved it so much, so I wanted to like it too!

Last was cherry - Like mango, I went into recruitment really really liking cherry and secretly hoping prior to recruitment, I would end up here. This was the last house of the day, and I was tired, but I sucked it up and went in with a smile. The room had a somewhat poor set-up and it was hard to hear the girl I was paired with. Finally, we moved locations and ended up having a really great conversation!! I left this house knowing I DEFINITELY wanted to come back!

The next day we could go to 6 of the 7 houses and only had to rank one house at the bottom. I ranked (in no particular order)..

1.Cherry
1.Watermelon
1. Orange
1.Apple
1. Mango
1. Kiwi
2. Pineapple