View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 10:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Recruitment Scam

From Kappa's official Facebook page

It has come to our attention that there is a recruitment video scam circulating throughout the organization and chapters. This person is falsely presenting herself as the Director of Marketing for Kappa. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL OR OPEN THE ATTACHMENT INCLUDED. Immediately delete this email. If you have any questions on the validity of an email, please contact HQ before responding or opening any... attachments.

Below is a sample of the email that is being sent out:

From: Valerie Williams <kkg.communications@gmail.com<mailto:kkg.communica tions@gmail.com>>
Date: August 10, 2013, 10:33:35 AM EDT
To: Valerie Williams <kkg.communications@gmail.com<mailto:kkg.communica tions@gmail.com>>
Subject: Your photo in KKG new recruit video

Sister,

A photo of you has been selected as one of the many to pontentially be included in the newest Kappa recruitment video. This video will be uploaded on the national website for view by future/prospective members.

I received several responses to my last email informing me that many of you were unable to view the video. To resolve this the video was uploaded at a different site for preview: LINK REMOVED

The development team also informed me the video will not run on mobile devices and some Apple products(Ipad, Iphone, etc...).

(I forwarded this to many chapter presidents, please forward on to sisters in your chapter I may have missed.)

Please respond to this email if you would like your picture removed or if you have any questions regarding its use.

Thanks,
Val

--
Valerie Williams
Director of Marketing and Project Management
KAPPA KAPPA GAMMA Fraternity
530 East Town Street, P.O. Box 38
Columbus, Ohio 43216

Last edited by amIblue?; 08-13-2013 at 11:49 AM.