View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 10:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flgirl05 View Post
Hey everybody! So I hope I don't bother anyone with another post about a Junior rush but I would really appreciate some input on this situation since my situation (like all situations ) is a little different than others.

So I didn't rush freshman year because I didn't have my finances in order to do it. This summer (summer between freshman and sophomore year) I got everything in order and was prepared to go through with fall rush as a sophomore, but unfortunately for me I had to have knee surgery 5 days before the start of rush and was unable to attend .

Anyways, my question for you all is should I do sophomore spring rush or take my chances on fall rush as a junior. The reason I ask is because I really dislike the idea of not being able to see what all the houses are like during spring rush (since only a few participate). I attend UF so this should give you a good idea of what the greek life is like here. I currently have a 4.0 (pre-med track) I am quite involved on campus I am on two Board of Directors for major campus entities, I hold leadership positions in two other clubs, im in several honor socities, quite a bit of volunteering. So I would really appreciate ANY input at all in this issue. I really am leaning towards fall rush as a junior, but do you think I would have any shot?
Just to ask: If you are a jr. and very involved on your campus, shouldn't you already have an idea of what the answer might be? I'm sure you've worked with and have met enough NPC members on campus to know what the 'vibe' is when it comes to jr.s rushing.