View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 02:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFLDDD View Post
Her GPA is close to a 4.0 but there are a lot of kids these days with very high 4s and even 5.0s, so I was just curious what houses typically have as a cutoff. I've told her I don't think she has anything to worry about but of course I don't really know for sure!
More than likely they are going to be looking at her unweighted GPA because there are so many variations of weighting. My daughter's school panhellenic uses a "core" GPA that is a calculation the chapter receives from the registrars office prior to recruitment. It's 15 core high school classes and they do not consider weight, so a girl that received a B in a class but had an A factored into her GPA because it was AP and weighted, actually gets factored with the B. It also does not include "fluff" classes like cheer or dance team that are an auto A and jack up GPA's that otherwise aren't quite as stellar. If a PNM's core GPA is not at the minimum for most houses, they actually contact her and let her know that her options may be severely limited and she may want to defer her recruitment to spring COB or wait until sophomore fall recruitment.