View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorority2018 View Post
I have read on multiple postings about individual sorority houses having internal GPA requirements much higher than what they publish externally. I have even read on some boards having across the board GPA cuts happening to girls with high-school GPAs less than a 3.8! Does that really happen? I have a 3.7 (unweighted), and while i dont know what sorority I would want to be in, I am interested to know if I may be cut from houses with really high GPA requirements. I know leadership and activities are important and I think i'm in good shape there - just trying to determine my options. Would love to hear if anyone has experienced this in the past.

I've my currently planning to go to KU (although considering some other schools as well) - would love some feedback if you have it! Thanks!
We can't tell you the "cut-off" for any chapter on any campus - membership selection is private.

However, it is true that many chapters do require GPAs higher than their sorority's published minimums.

With your GPA, though, I wouldn't be too worried. Just keep your grades up and focus on other things like your extra-curriculars and conversation skills.

@~/~~~~