View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 09:19 AM
GreekChat Member

I was in a sorority sister's wedding that I think was doomed from the beginning. The wedding was held in a very small, historical chapel in a large city. The priest was an hour late to the rehearsal and seemed a little confused when he arrived.

There was no basement or side rooms for changing, so the chapel had large screens set up in the back of the room. On the day of the wedding, the bride was putting her dress on when one of the screens fell, and she screamed, half dressed, as we failed to catch it. The early guests had quite a show!

The organist was I don't remember how late to the actual ceremony, and couldn't be reached (in the days before cell phones). It got to the point where the father of the bride asked if anyone in the congretation knew how to play the organ. He finally did show. Given that the priest was late the night before, we concluded that there was a miscommunication of dates between the person who the chapel was reserved through and the local parish priest and chapel organist.

Our bridesmaids dresses had been handmade by a professional seamstress. The fabric was heavy and unforgiving, and the dresses were so form-fitting that there was no give at all. After the bride walked down the aisle, when the maid of honor crouched down to fluff the bride's dress at the front of the church, she fell over like a roly poly bug! That one didn't last...