View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
LOOK: no fraternity or sorority makes the decision to "pull" a charter lightly. It comes after all other interventions have been tried, often for several years, and have not succeeded. The women in this IU chapter know full well why the charter was revoked. It didn't come out of the blue, for no reason, on a whim.

Know this, too: it is painful for everyone involved, most especially those who have to make the decision to close the chapter. Trust me on this. Tri Delta is a stellar organization and I believe they made this decision after trying every possible solution to turn the chapter around.
This is exactly what I was thinking as I was reading the parents' complaints, which basically imply that Tri Delta closed this chapter down for no reason. Just because they felt like it.

Let's be serious - closing a chapter can cause issues for an organization as a whole. Money lost, time consumed, housing complications, less interest and support from alumnae, potentially a hit to the org's reputation, and having to listen to complaints from members and/or their helicopter parents.

What organization would want to do that to itself.. just because?

@~/~~~~