View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 10:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplosive View Post
You know what, I agree...I almost got offended but when I read over it again, I understood what you meant. To be authentically Christian IS to be multicultural but some orgs don't see this. Which so-called "Christian" GLOs do you see that phenomenon with?
Fundamentally, this was a "global" statement. My issue is that most of these groups are following the same pattern as the general GLOs. If one professes something, then it becomes an issue of the follwing question:Is this really the case? Will Christian GLOs allow themselves to be judged in the same way that they are positioning themselves over against other groups as representing Jesus,the Messiah,the Lord of all? He is the one who said: "Not everyone who says Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven but only those who do the will of my Father."The history of Christianity in America is replete with these type of incongruities between confession and praxis (act) in this area,and others. It should lead to more self-reflection and humility for those who confess the name of Jesus, Christian GLOs included. Just food for thought.

GreekChat.com - The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network

Last edited by Wolfman; 03-15-2007 at 07:43 AM. Reason: typo