View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 03:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilTau View Post
There's a lot of mythology about prison. But generally, when people go to prison, they are initially separated from the general prison population and evaluated (psychologically and sociologically and medically) by the department of corrections to determine where (and at what level) they will be incarcerated. I doubt that Cosby will be treated differently from anyone else who is going going to prison for the first time. And he will not be in danger from other inmates.
Are. You. NUTS?

An extremely dear friend has been incarcerated since 1988 (he did something very bad and will never be released and that is all I am going to say about him). I have visited him multiple times over the years, and will visit him until I die. I don't give up on my friends.

So, in that context, let me say this: Prison is uber scary and you don't have any way of saying that last statement with any certainty. It actually makes you look really, really stupid. I know way different.

Unless he's in solitary, he's not "safe" (and even then he's not safe). You don't go to prison to be safe or out of danger. It is literally hell on earth. Every day. Pretty sure there's a target on him, based on what I've learned and been told.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity