View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 10:17 AM
GreekChat Member

The yes, was not out of love for them, it was a yes of chance. Yes, I will give it my best to get to know all of you. Yes, I will be open minded and open hearted to see if we belong together. Yes, I would like to give you the chance that I didn’t give you during recruitment.

This is so moving. It speaks to me in this way: whether any of us admits it or not, we are all someone's "last choice". How many members came to us the way your daughter did? And how many did not (meaning, they chose not to take that chance)? Being in a contemplative, reflective mood this morning, I wonder. There are so many incredible opportunities for PNMs in each and every chapter, if they will just let the miracles happen. And, if they will commit their hearts, and will work for those miracles. Your daughter did the work, and she's reaping the benefits.

Please let us know how your daughter is doing, if you happen to think of it in the years to come. I'm also very touched by the loving sorority that reached out to her on Bid Day. It works both ways. Those are fine women indeed. All of them.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity

Last edited by AZTheta; 09-26-2012 at 11:05 AM.