View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 11:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygreek View Post
And my point is Title IX did not force us to declare ourselves as a social sorority. We did that when we were founded. So for us Title IX was moot.
We are first and foremost a sisterhood founded for public service. The sisterhood is what makes us social.

And I don't need to work through the text of anything. As a member for 38 years, I know the inner workings of my sorority--you don't.
My apologies for misreading. I thought that you were claiming that Title IX didn't apply to you based on IRS status. A6a certainly applies!

I sort of wish you had been over on Wikipedia, I've been dealing with this overthere for quite sometime, with an Alpha Phi Alpha brother declaring that Alpha Phi Alpha is a service fraternity. Information from the NIC (which APhiA also belongs to) bylaws hasn't been incredibly convincing to him. And for some reason Alpha Phi Alpha's constitution and bylaws aren't published online...

Any suggestions for gifts for our Elementary School Principal (who is a DST) for taking a promotion to Title I director for our school system (Montgomery County Maryland)

Randy