View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 10:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Round Two: Philanthropy

I was so nervous to get my list of invites back this morning. I was so scared I would be dropped completely or get very few houses back! I met with my group and we all got our lists back! I got 9 out of a maximum of 10 houses! I got Massachusetts, South Carolina, Virginia, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, North Carolina, Maryland, New Jersey, and New York back. I was so happy!!! I was dropped by Delaware, Pennsylvania, Georgia, and Connecticut. Although I knew it wasn’t the place for me, being dropped by Pennsylvania was somewhat devastating. I wanted so badly to be a Pennsylvania, just to share the bond with my cousins and aunts, to sing the songs at weddings. But overall, I was ecstatic with my invites back!

Rhode Island: I was so surprised to be asked back to this house in all honesty, but I was so happy to continue to get to know them. I didn’t have a personal connection to this philanthropy, I could tell how much the sisters in the house cared. I cried when a girl spoke about her experience and I felt as if I could see myself really supporting this cause.

North Carolina: Although I had tried to drop NC, I was still happy to get to meet more girls and maybe have a better conversation. And I did! The girl and I had so much in common. Their philanthropy didn’t really stick out to me but I felt I could still learn to love it.

New York: I was so so so happy to be back here!!! I talked to the sweetest girl and the director of philanthropy at this house. The philanthropy was something that was already so near to my heart and something I had been involved with in high school. I walked out of this house and immediately texted my mom “I LOVE NEW YORK!!!!!!”

Virginia: I was excited to be back at Virginia! I left round one feeling like it could be my home. During round two, the conversation in this house was a little rough. The girl hadn’t been personally involved so she didn’t really have much to say and there were awkward pauses here and there. I left feeling scared I would be cut by this house for a “bad conversation” that wasn’t even my fault!

New Hampshire: I personally connected with the philanthropy and their initiative. I loved the girls I spoke with and could see myself growing as a woman here.

South Carolina: I had a very personal connection to this philanthropy! The girls were all so impressed by the cool, personal story I told them! I felt like I could make my home here.

Maryland: I didn’t personally connect with this house’s philanthropy, but I did end up crying because I missed my mom (lol). The girl rushing me didn’t know this though and she thought I was crying due to their philanthropy video, which was fine by me! I did like the philanthropy though.

Massachusetts: This house seemed cold and reserved about their philanthropy. It was somewhat forced and didn’t feel personal at all. I knew I loved their philanthropy before I walked in, but I left feeling like they didn’t love it.

New Jersey: I liked how personal the philanthropy was and how it affected those close to us. I liked that it was very hands on.

I still was very neutral and most of the houses I disliked first round had made up for it in the second round. I just chose the houses that were my least favorite conversations. After round two, I tried to drop 3 and kept 6. I tried to drop:

1. South Carolina
2. New Jersey
3. North Carolina