View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownxo View Post
Etiquette requires that your cash gift must at least cover your dinner. We paid $29.00 a plate, so each couple at minimum should give at least $60.00. ...

My husband has been begging me not to give them a copy of Emily Post's Etiquette as a gift.
Wow. It's amazing that someone could be so rude. People like this make me want to find creative ways to piss them off. Like, at the reception, I would lay dollar bills across my plate until the plate is covered, take a picture, then include that pic and the corersponding number of dollars in a card (with the bride-to-be's email) saying, "I covered my plate with only $12 (see picture), so here's 24 bucks from the two of us."

But seriously, that's a tough call. If it were my own family, I would definitely give the book as a gift (with the email printed out and bookmarking an appropriate section for the bride to read). If the bride-to-be were my hubby's cousin (as in this situation), I probably wouldn't do that.

I think I would just buy something she didn't register for. Not only that, but I'd even go so far as to have it monogrammed so she couldn't regift it.