View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 11:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sororanon View Post
Don't let the moderator of this forum bully you into not speaking.
They've never done anything of the sort. The thread languished quietly on its own, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sororanon View Post
I hear you and I hope you hear me too.
You are heard! <3
I’m glad to know I’m not the only one feeling this way. I truly believe things can turn around. Not sure how, but of course they can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVASquirrel View Post
Why these young women (and men) are so wrapped up in tiers and rankings is beyond me.
1. They live their lives with ranking. How many “friends”, “followers”, etc.
2. At schools that don’t randomly pair GLOs for homecoming, etc., being in one tier vs another matters for those events. And that usually puts all the powers in the hands of the fraternities, IMO.

I think a lot of the current college-aged populous is suffering various effects of being the Instagram generation. Real life isn’t measuring up to Insta-life, and there is so much let down. Bid Day is supposed to be the “dream” NYE, getting a Big is supposed to be Christmas Day where you are bound to your soulmate, bff, mentor, etc. Girls think that’s what is supposed to happen and are left questioning themselves when their experience is different.

Insta-friends, Insta-besties, Insta-sisterhood. We all know that’s not how it works, but some of these kids don’t, and I honestly wonder what the long term effect on GLOs will be (if any).