View Single Post
Old 01-09-2002, 01:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes I am a Kappa. From the University of Maryland and I graduated many years ago (before they lost their charter.)

I DID find a web site that had the picture. And I DID tell another Kappa what the url is so that their lawyer could send them a cease and desist letter (or whatever they send) and the picture is NO LONGER THERE. If I wasn't a Kappa, or a nice person, which I am both, do you think I would have even BROUGHT TO ATTENTION the web site much less tell national what the web site was?

As far as being "obsessed" with the picture, that is incorrect. What I hate and disagree with is the "secrecy" as to what chapter the picture came from. When people are withholding information, it can back fire and people begin to speculate and wonder and become EVEN MORE CURIOUS than they would have been if the truth were just out there from the very beginning.

I am the type of person that would rather know the truth. I was curious because I have several neices that are Kappas and one was headed off to school this past fall and wanted to see if she was going to pledge the chapter in question.

Also, I agree with many other peoples comments that the picture was taken just in fun and I can see how these young beautiful women didn't take into account the electronic media nowadays that has nailed many people.

I thank God the internet wasn't around in my school days. It is amazing what technology can be discovered in 15 years.

So, obsessed, no. Bored, maybe. Curious, definitely. Bad motives, no. I haven't sent the picture to anyone though have received many copies, some with different school logos in it. A Kappa, yes. An aunt of several Kappas, yes. A terp fan, definitely.

I didn't mean any harm in any of my posts. Seriously. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. That was never my intent.