View Single Post
Old 09-16-2002, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to FAURecruitment
Thursday and Friday

Thursday morning the potential new members came by to pick up their frist set of invitations. The hardest part of my position is that I have to let those women who do not get an invite back know. I feel so bad but someone has to do it right. Anyways, Thursday night was Skit Night and the Recruitment Counselors were dressed up as little girls. On Friday the women picked up their invitations for Preference in the morning. They were allowed to go back to two sororities, which was hard for them to choose. We have several awesome organizations on our campus and I know when I went through I had a hard time as well. Well, the night started off fine until a sorority member came running into Headquarters (that's where myself, the panhellenic president, and advisor are located) crying. One of their chapter members was having a accute asthma attack and the paramedics were on their way. We all ran as fast as we could to their room. I remained in the room with her while the paramedics worked on her and while they called her parents and calmed the chapter members down. Due to the incident the events started late, since the chapter didn't have time to finish setting up. At this time all of the another chapter pulled together and helped this chapter in their time of need. I call that great unity amongst these organizations. Anyways, the woman that had the attack is fine, she got out of the hospital that night.

As for where I belong, the potential new members believed that I am either a Alpha Xi, D Phi E, or a Phi Sig now. You will see where I belong in a little while. Any guesses from you?