View Single Post
Old 09-10-2002, 09:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to squirrely girl
Thumbs up one for the guys...

okay. i like everybody else have been hanging on every word of these rush threads. however. i thought the guys might feel a little left out. soooooooo...since my fiance is rushing right now, i figured i'd pump him for info every night and share it with ya'll. so guys. here ya go.

i decided to number the fraternities so that no individual house would feel bad. there are only five houses so they have a formal recruitment (kinda like the girls!!!) first rounds were last night and the guys rotated to all of the houses for 45 minutes each. they weren't allowed to have girls or alcohol and they WERE allowed to feed them.

Fraternity #1 - He actually didn't go to this house. He got paged into work for 'bout a half hour last night and didn't get back to the school in time for the first rotation. But he'll see them tonight.

Fraternity #2 - Overall, he wasn't really impressed with these guys. They mostly sat around and watched a football game and ate pizza. Not that he hates those things, but he really wanted to actually get some info 'bout the fraternity. Also - one of the brothers thought it would be a good idea to keep the pizza warm by puting in the oven...in the box...at 350 degrees! So that house managed to start a small fire in the kitchen. Lovely.

Fraternity #3 - A suprise out of left field. Traditionally these guys are known as being "hicks". But he said that house was defintely at the top of his list. He had great conversations and truly enjoyed the fact that all of the guys dressed up for the first rounds. He also said that this house was immaculate (cleanliness wise). All of the houses are regular houses off campus, so he was impressed that the guys managed to clean. He thinks that he could definetely fit in here. The guy that led his group around was from this house and he really liked him.

Fraternity #4 - Another house that he didn't really like. He said that he felt they were a little "fake". They only wanted to talk about themselves, how much they were spending on rush, and they had pictures of famous alumni all over their house. Only the alumni didn't graduate from this school - it was just famous "national" alumni.

Fraternity #5 - Whew. He said everybody was getting kinda tired right 'bout now. I laughed cause I rushed at a school with 14 sororities! But, overall, he's got a great impression of this house. The guys were really knowledgable 'bout the fraternity (national and local stuff), really into their grades (after all...it is college), and really into learning more 'bout the guys that were rushing. I think it helps a little that he's already done a couple of things with this house but still, he liked em.

Done for now I guess. I should have some more updates tonight when he gets home from second rounds. Also - Wednesday is open night (pick the houses you wanna go to), Thursday is Pref dinner (lol - guys with a pref dinner), Friday is another open night, and Saturday, the guys can receive theirs bids (is that what guys call em?!?!) And - they can receive two bids on Saturday and simply pick from those.

Lemme know if this is boring or if there's anything else that you wanna know.

marissa
A GD