Thread: hi
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcampbell14 View Post
Hi all,
So in the spring semester, i rushed a certain sorority that I felt was my fit. The case in my school is that if you want to get a bid from a certain organization, you have to put all your eggs in one basket. I recieved a bid, and completed a few weeks of my new member process already, but was not initiated. Around the halfway point, my sorority decided I was no longer a fit for their organization, and did everything they could to make me drop, including starting hasty rumors and singling me out. I had a chance to explain my side lf the story, as I was innocent, and would not quit, but they ultimately decided to terminate my new member process. I was also informed that I have to wait a year if I seek to join. another sorority at my school, even though I did not choose to leave.So now I am looking to transfer, as these girls had made my life hell for weeks and forced me out. I still want to join another organization at this transfer school, but the Greek guidelines say that a PNM must wait a year to rush if she had signed a bid in the previous year, and must not have been inducted. The rules are different if the woman seeks to join the same organization, but I do not plan on this, as the organization bullied me out for no reason. I was wondering if I may still apply to these rules, even though I was at another school, and I did not willingly drop.
Thanks!
If I understand your post correctly, you are transferring to another campus and you have not been initiated into an NPC chapter. So, according to the NPC Manual, you may go through formal recruitment at your new school since you were never initiated into any NPC chapter. The "year" refers to the next formal recruitment period, for simplicity's sake.

Hope this is helpful. I am sure someone will explain it better, if my explanation is confusing or unclear.

ETA: wait... wait... did you go through Formal Recruitment at your current school, or was this informal? Paging Titchou and other NPC gurus, please halp!