View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 03:22 AM
GreekChat Member

I mentioned that I thought that they were not supposed to share info like that with PNMs. She was under the impression that everything is more intimate at the Preference Party and that offering her a bid in this situation was acceptable.

I am very upset about the outcome of the fabrication. I would compare it to going to a job interview and the interviewer telling you that you had the job and then later finding out that they simply lied to you. This is a tough lesson on human nature and I think it will sour her on Sorority life. And, the last thing my daughter said to me before she hung up was that she thinks she and her boyfriend might break-up as a result of the fiasco.

In my mind this is just another strike against going Greek because a frat member is so concerned about the ranking of sorority tiers that this would be an issue for him. Again, I have to wonder, is this what Greek life is all about???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1964Alum View Post
Bid promises absolutely should not be offered at Preference parties. Both of the preference parties I attended were "top tier" sororities. One offered me an oral bid and one did not. I chose the one that did not. I knew that bid promising was strictly against Panhellenic rules and chose the one that respected the rules. Was your daughter aware of the rules?