View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 02:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I have a GREAT answer for this question!! Pi Phi has a special legacy badge that can only be worn by legacies. It has two pearls on it. My daughter's sophomore roommate in her chapter house was an in-house legacy and her sister bought one for her and she was initiated with it.

Since Pi Phi includes a gold-filled badge as part of the new member cost, ordering a special "real gold" badge is also a wonderful gesture. My daughter chose the gold badge with a diamond in the arrow head. I called Pi Phi Express and ordered it right over the phone. They keep them in stock, so it's way faster than our ordering process. They engraved it with her name, chapter, and year of initiation, and sent it right to the chapter house. It took about 2 weeks. The chapter had it in time for her initiation. I also ordered the crest guard, and a pin box.

Here's the link to the legacy badge ordering, with a picture:

https://www.pibetaphi.org/pibetaphi/...l.aspx?id=1724

My daughter does wear her lavalier every day. In her chapter, it's tradition for each big to buy a lavalier for her little and present it to the little on initiation day.

By the way, I'm really envious of this legacy badge concept. I think it's a great idea. I don't think it would work easily with the Gamma Phi badge, but kudos to Pi Phi for creating this special badge!

Last edited by Sciencewoman; 03-05-2018 at 04:54 PM.