View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 01:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Greek Friends has an online forum. It isn’t visited as much as Greek Chat and the last time I logged on, it looked like most of the conversation was between women who hold offices in Alumnae Chapters. If you’re interested in the possibility of Alumnae Initiation, I would suggest looking at some of the NPC member websites (if an NPC sorority is what you’re interested in) and look at their values and philanthropies to see which one best fits your interests. You can also look to see if they have an Alumnae Chapter near you. If you are interested in a sorority but don’t know any members in the area, you can reach out to their National Headquarters for guidance. I belong to an Alumnae Chapter of Alpha Sigma Alpha and HQ once sent me the name of a woman who was interested in Alumnae Initiation. I reached out to her, she came to one event and said she wouldn’t be able to attend the next two and we never heard from her again after that. You’ll need to show your willingness to volunteer and ability to balance your time right away. If you’re committed to putting the time in to finding your sorority “home” as an Alumnae (even in Alumnae Chapters you may find that the personalities in a chapter aren’t a best fit for you), I wish you the best!