View Single Post
Old 06-14-2004, 05:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Comparing medical coverage and web design is comparing apples and oranges.

Web design does not require many years of training and licensing to do. Medicine does. So I just don't get that comparision. It has nothing to do with your pricing.

$61/page is insane for something that you're going to take a couple minutes to do. And also for something that is not going to be updated and all of the other add-in features that you list for even more money.

I don't know a lot about web design, but I know enough that even working from a bare bones template you can do a page in a matter of minutes. There are many other people out there that can do the same thing you do for cheaper and possibly better.

Know your market. You're marketing to not-for-profit groups that do not have a ton of extra cash to throw around.

If you don't think your price is high, fine, but there are a lot of chapters that would think that is outrageous, and especially not in return for what they're getting. As a very active alumna, I would never advise any chapter to make an investment like this when there are plenty of other resources available for far less or free.

How did you go about deciding your pricing scheme, out of curiousity?