View Single Post
Old 12-10-2003, 07:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Hate to Break it to You...

[Hijack]

Quote:
Originally posted by USChica06
Don't tell me that 7 houses thought I wasn't good enough based on my personality, outgoing-ness, and whatnot. If I'm sharing this all with a bunch of strangers (and honey ) then you know I'm not a shy person. I was a legacy at a house that cut me. Figure that out.
I hate to be the one to tell you this, but maybe what you consider "not being shy" comes across as rude or over the top. Not everyone believes that sharing stories with strangers is the "appropriate" thing to do. There are a lot of women who are overweight who get bids during rush, even at USC. That being said, history has shown that chapters don't survive on competive campuses if they are not popular with the fraternities. There is not a historical high demand for overweight ugly girls, so I'll let you guess who gets picked first.

Another thing to keep in mind is that many NPC groups have legacy policies that require them to keep someone for another round. On most campuses, and for most NPC groups, if a chapter releases a legacy it is a BIG DEAL and it is waste of that legacy's time to keep going back to COB events.

[/Hijack]