Thread: FAKE FRIEND
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2000, 10:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverTurtle
I think I said this in another thread about a similar topic, but I just don't get why anyone would lie about being a member of a GLO that they are not. I wouldn't tell you all that I was a member of X University's women's lacrosse team when I'm not, or a member of any other society/organization that I'm not.

Anyways, here's my advice, for what it's worth...

It sounds like you are thinking in a positive way; you don't want to destroy your friend or her image, but you don't want her misleading other women, either. I suggest you talk to your friend first. Find out why she started telling people this in the first place? Maybe she really does want to brink an AKA chapter to her school, but wants some kind of control over it + figures that's a good way to get it (making everyone think she's already crossed AKA). Maybe it's just making her popular, who knows?!

After you find out why, tell her why you think it's a bad idea... misleading other women, getting up their hopes, etc. You may want to point out that if she were going to try and bring a chapter to her new school and nationals or anyone found out what she was doing, it could prevent her from actually having the opportunity to cross. I would also suggest you read the through this thread on Greek Chat

FAKE SOROS/FRATS

and let her know what she could be in for when people find out the truth (which I'm sure they will eventually).

Good luck..

------------------
SilverTurtle@greekchat.com
Phi Beta Fraternity
Phi chapter