View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 03:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneandDone View Post
I would say yes because the first day was on a weekend and most of the girls did not have conflicts for class. Also we were near the beginning of our group so I'm guessing most of the one-on-ones were near the end when the sorority sisters could tell they had enough of them to match with us.

Edit: Also, I would say there were ~30 girls (maybe a little less, also had to include traveling time for sorority sisters switching conversation partners) for 45-50 PNM's so most were double rushed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneandDone View Post
On to the next day! Still open houses. I always had a nice long time to get ready which was really relaxing.

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom - The sorority girl greeted me and it turned out I knew her! We thought it was hilarious and it was really good seeing her and seeing how much she loved her sorority because last year she was hesitant to join. Lower tier, and known for taking everyone. I know in the past people would purposely be rude or not make conversation but I didn't really see that happening, which was good.

Mad Tea Party - We had two really really peppy girls and we talked about vacations. These girls are upper-middle and I don't really know much about them but they seemed really nice.

Peter Pan's Flight - I was surprised, but we had really good conversations. This is an upper tier sorority and the girls are known to be "bitchy" but both the girls we spoke to were very sweet.

Stitch's Great Escape - Don't remember much other than the shoes they were wearing. Last year their parties seemed very hectic and unorganized but it seemed a lot better this year. Middle/lower tier.

"it's a small world" - This is the first and only time there were three of us in a group (Massie, I, and another girl). I knew a girl last year who joined and dropped even though it's middle-upper. I've also heard these girls are "bitchy" as well but they seemed fine.

Magic Carpets - Not bad, don't remember much. One of my friends at Ole Miss is in this sorority, so I sort of wanted to be in it just to have that connection. Middle/lower tier and a few friends from last year joined, but there was also a girl in there who I really didn't care for (I'm not sure how she felt about me, neutral at best).

Festival of Fantasy - I was by myself not with Massie and I only talked to one girl but I didn't feel any connection. She kept looking away and our conversation was not very smooth. A lot of question/answer, so sort of like an interview but a little more informal. She seemed disinterested in both me and her sorority. Middle tier.

PhilharMagic- Don't remember much, not super impressed. Middle tier, and one of the "Jewish" sororities (of course a lot of non-Jewish girls as well!)

We had to rank our four lowest, 1. the one we wouldn't mind going back to, and 4. we would like to go back to the least. I felt like I didn't really get to know all the sororities too well so I wouldn't really care getting my bottom back. Also since I rushed last year I was really going to be happy with anything I got back, especially this early in the game. I ranked:

1. Enchanted Tales with Belle
2. Stitch's Great Escape
3. Festival of Fantasy
4. Journey of The Little Mermaid

All the new girls were excited to rank for the first time (and confused as well). I think there was some tent talk already going on but not much. I think a lot of girls genuinely had no idea which were the "good" sororities which I thought was great! I really wasn't sure what I was going to wear the next day so that was on my mind as well.
I'm curious, what did you do/perceive this year that was different from last year in terms of keeping an open mind? You still seem to have tiers in your mind.