View Single Post
Old 11-07-2003, 10:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: why don't we work with our Black men?

Quote:
Originally posted by Ideal08
The flipside of that, Soror lovelyivy, is that many of our women don't work with our Black men. We expect a man to have certain things when stepping to a relationship. But many times, it's US that don't stand by our men. We can't understand where they are coming from half the time, and may write them off as lazy or having no motivation instead of serving as a source of encouragement. (and I'm not talking about men who simply cannot and will not hold a job. not at all!!) This, too, is a huge generalization, but still. I do agree with what you said about seeing healthy relationships as well as the part on dysfunctionality.

The topic makes my head hurt sometimes.
Soror some men and women are beyond help!!!!!!!! What potential things is your mate doing to improve themseleves. And in defense of some people how do we know that the sister is a hoodrat???? I have never dated a hoodrat and would never desire to. I think women support their men and men support their women but I think we need to start understanding that we are not perfect phirst(ie as in me)! I think women and men expect perfect people.........sorry there are none so start accepting people for their faults.

AND THATS THE BOTTOM LINE
CAUSE THE SPHINXPOET SAID SO!!!!!!!!