View Single Post
Old 06-30-2006, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Question tips for loosening up a pair of jeans?

Many of my favorite pairs of jeans loosen up a bit after wearing and I'll usually put them in the dryer on low heat so they dry soft and shrink slightly back to the fit I prefer.

Unfortunately last spring when one pair was looser than usual I threw it into the dryer on regular heat, hoping it would shrink up a little extra. Yup, it did - so much that now I couldn't fit into it anymore! I left the jeans in my closet and forgot about them until yesterday, when I tried them on again. They button all the way and are OK when I'm standing but when I sit they are still a little too tight.. and stiff.

I've been wearing them around the house today hoping they would loosen up and soften up, and while I can sit in them now I still think they are too snug to wear out of the house.

Is there anything else I can do to help speed this along, besides just wearing them and hoping they loosen up? (or losing weight? then my other jeans wont fit!) My mom suggested fabric softener but I'm afraid to wash them again - I don't want to put them in the dryer and usually airdrying leaves my jeans stiff

Sidenote: what do you do with your jeans? do you put them in the dryer? ever have this problem?