Thread: 2nd time around
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2005, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
Quote:
Originally posted by kddani
Why did you drop out of the other house? Why did you accept a bid from them in the first place if you did not want to be in that house?
I've been thinking about this question because it seems to come up a lot in these types of threads. One thing I remember hearing a lot from girls who ended up depledging was that the houses they joined actually ended up being quite different from the image that they had projected during rush. There were two or three houses in particular that I heard this about, and these houses, according to the new members, put a lot of effort into making their house seem a lot "better" (more fun, I guess they meant?) during rush than they really were, and they also treated the rushees like royalty whereas when they pledged, they got a lot less attention. Maybe a similar sort of situation went on in this case, or in any other case where a girl chose to depledge. It sounds reasonable, because we all know how hard it is to get an accurate idea of what a house is like during rush just because everything is so hectic and fast. Or I could be wrong, I don't know...but maybe it's something to think about.