View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Thinking About Disaffiliation

Hello everyone!

I have been an active member of my sorority for the past four years. I had been very dedicated until becoming a recent alumna.

After doing some reflecting, I feel like being in the organization was more so like running a business than experiencing a sisterhood. I had always promoted Greek Life for what it has to offer and I definitely would not be in the professional opportunities I am experiencing now without being involved in Greek Life very heavily throughout my undergrad.

Reasons that I wish to disaffiliate mainly are from me disagreeing with our new member education as well as the fact that I do not believe my organization has anything to offer me as an alumna.

I feel like the only thing the sorority is benefiting me in is on paper on my resume, but that is all. I have few actual friends in such a small organization (chapter-wise & nationally) and am not sure if this was the sisterhood intended for me.

This is definitely something that has been on my mind for a few months. Any thoughts would greatly be appreciated. Thank you!