View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 07:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to HeavenslilAngel Send a message via AIM to HeavenslilAngel Send a message via Yahoo to HeavenslilAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
Kaplan University is regionally accredited (meaning, its accreditation is by the same or a comparable accrediting body as any state school). For Master's Degree programs (that I've noticed, so YMMV), the importance of where you got it is much less than the importance of the fact that you got it, but of course there are the elites in many fields that get a little more notice.

For an ed program, though, yes, online only might not be as valuable an experience as actually going to class and interacting with professors/fellow students/students. Online programs are particularly difficult for students who need that interaction (aren't as big on the self-starting).

Also, typically Kaplan and Phoenix degrees are worth more (to your employer) when you already work there, if that makes sense.
So basically your opinion is that in my case a degree from a degree from the state school would benefit me more since I will be new to the field?

I did my current masters completely online so I'm familiar and comfortable with that format and the extreme self discipline "requirement" thats involved.

Thanks and keep the advice coming. I love hearing different perspectives.