View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 03:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Good news... I’m back already!

recap of preference:

Zeta (talked with funny girl from the first party, discussed recruitment and her experience, she said she hoped I’d find my home, beautiful ceremony, I cried, another sister comforted me after, loved this chapter!)
Delta (talked to a sister I hadn’t met before, discussed why and how she first joined and about what the sorority meant to her, wonderful ceremony, I cried, everyone clearly has a strong bond, loved this chapter, too!)

As I said, I had a really hard choice to make, and a thousand thoughts went through my head while I tried to come to a decision. But when I finally decided, I knew that’s where I was supposed to be.

Bid Day:

I was extremely nervous. Somehow I knew I had made the correct decision, but I wondered if I’d somehow end up in the other sorority. I knew I wouldn’t be mad if that was the case, but what I decided just felt right. I finally received my bid.

The whole day was amazing. I had such a good time with my new sisters, and members of the other chapter that I didn’t end up in still found time to congratulate me over the next few days. I was fortunate enough to have a great recruitment experience, and I met so many wonderful people. I am happy to say that I have never regretted my decision, and I couldn’t imagine my life without my sisters.

I am happy to say that I did receive my first choice, and I am a member of...

Delta! Also known as...

Alpha Sigma Tau!

As I’ve said, I loved Zeta. But I think that when I was making my final decision, the thing that really stuck in my mind was that even at the first recruitment party, I recognized how close the ASTs were, no matter how hard of a time some of the PNMs were giving them. They still held their heads high and were clearly very close with one another. I’m happy to say I definitely found my home.

Last edited by GuitarGreek; 03-11-2009 at 03:34 AM.