View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 12:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Cynically, I'd say that the cops believed the white man's claims of self-defense against a young black man, and without further evidence, there wasn't much of a case.

I'd say that after reviewing the evidence I've seen put forward by folks who are obviously pretty biased against Zimmerman, assuming those facts to be true and that there is nothing out there to mitigate them, it doesn't look great for him, although, he could still put on a reasonable enough criminal defense to get acquitted.

While police say that Zimmerman is white, his family says that he identifies as Hispanic. This doesn't necessarily matter, just a tidbit.

No matter what ethnicity he is, the entire incident is heartbreaking. The news played the tapes last night while I was cooking dinner. I usually try to avoid hearing these, but couldn't. After hearing that tape it is hard to believe the self defense argument. "Are you following him?" "yes" "we don't need you to do that." (my paraphrasing) Reading this article
really helped me understand the law. I feel like the law could easily be taken advantage of.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot

Last edited by WCsweet<3; 03-20-2012 at 12:06 PM. Reason: oh links why do you never work for me