View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 08:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwriter View Post

In many cases this is just not something that is advertised or even admitted to by many Fraternities. I would take caution in how I approached the subject as, when you get right down to it, it is no ones business but your own. Even though we like to believe we are the "enlightened", predjudices are evident in many, if not most, of the organizations.

I have to agree with this. Coming from a huge SEC school, you have to realize that these organization have been around for a LONG time, and are usually looking for a specific person. I mean just look at totalfratmove.com, and almost everything you read is about "slampeices" and hooking up with girls without knowing them. I'm not saying to not rush (believe it or not, there are many closet gays in fraternitys), but I would not suggest mentioning your sexuality during rush. I know that many people say that you should find a fraternity that accepts you as you are, but just know that you will come across people who are prejudice and will cut you for it. Im not saying its fair, but its the way the greek system works. Greek system tends to work as a dictatorship, not a democracy...