View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 12:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
Tangent

Going into the whole process our pichi's said to go in with an open mind. Although I always heard the stereotypes about Tangent I did want to give it a chance.
The first day I was shocked, the two girls I talked to were beautiful, however, they seemed very normal. Unlike Sine, they seemed invested in talking and getting to know me and actually seemed interested in what I had to say. The environment of the room was happy, calm, peaceful, exciting, and although I was nervous and intimidated when it came to going into the house, I felt so at peace when I left. The girl and my conversation was strong and she made me feel as if she understood how I felt being a first year. By the end of the day Tangent was one of my tops and I knew/hoped I would be going back the next day. However, I also knew that they were very picky and cut a lot of girls.
The second day we talked about Elon, and it was a strong conversation and I felt very comfortable which is very important to me, however, we didn’t make a huge. But I still liked Tangent and she still made me felt comfortable.
I was so happy when I found out that I had not been cut from Tangent, however, going into the house my girl seemed like she clearly did not spend a lot of time with her sorority, she was telling me about how she wasn’t even present on bid day. She didn’t seem to take the sorority stuff seriously. We talked about our favorite broadway shows and I really didn’t have much of a connection with her, however, I had some upperclassmen come up to me, hug me, and make me feel comfortable. A sophomore from close to my home came up to me and I introduced myself and she seemed very sweet. Overall, I guess looking back maybe I shouldn’t have written Tangent down on my pref card, however, I just assumed they’d drop me so I wrote them.
It turns out that Tangent did not drop me, however, I was still excited to see them back on my card. This was the day where I’d choose between Tangent and Cubic! When I walked in it was a very serious and emotional round. It was great to see a familiar face and really took off the pressure. I sat down and she stood next to me which made me feel awkward. She was shaky the whole time and the speeches although they were nice, did not touch me like the ones in Cubic. Although the speeches were about sisterhood, it reflected on the sisterhood of the girl who wrote the speech and the sister she was writing it to, it did not seem to reflect upon the whole sorority.

From there I walked up the hill in silence and put Cubic into the computer followed by Tangent. I was done and I had chosen the one I knew was right for me from day 1.

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06