View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 12:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
Cubic:

When you’re standing in line outside Cubic the girls are banging on the walls they are so excited to get to talk to you and meet you! I started shaking, smiling, and getting butterflies. Cubic was not my favorite coming into the whole process, however, I knew they had an incredible reputation and that so many girls wanted them this year. I knew it would be competitive trying to get into Cubic. When I walked in it was an immediate ray of light, the house was so open, comforting, and homey. So many of my upperclassmen friends that I knew were in Cubic, I had no idea they were in Cubic before then. I had girls coming up to me hugging me, waving at me, and smiling at me. I felt loved and accepted. It wasn’t like any other house I felt the need to fake a smile and try to put on a front, maybe even change my answers to what they wanted to hear. However, at Cubic I was myself, I felt like I could be silly, could be loud, could take off my makeup and still feel comfortable being at Cubic. By the end of the day I knew Cubic was my one, surpassing every single sorority.
The second day I talked to multiple girls at Cubic which was very overwhelming. When I talked to one particular member for the first time I knew we had an immediate connection. She made me so happy and comfortable so when she smiled at me I truly felt special. By the end of the second day Cubic was still my favorite and I was sad when I had to leave the house.

The third day was sisterhood round. The video was so silly and goofy and it was done so well. I longed to be a part of the sisterhood I saw on the screen. I talked to this beautiful girl, whose eyes lighted up and her beauty was alarming. She was yesterday’s member’s little and she was from my home state too. That day I just had long nice conversations. I still felt incredibly comfortable and was very happy. I met this other girl and clicked with her too, and she later tells me how cool she thinks I am. Sisterhood day really justified to me how much these girls love one another and really made me want to be part of it.

For pref day, I pref'd Cubic knowing that that was the one that I’d end up writing down as my number one. On pref day I walked in and was grabbed by the girl I met on day 2. My heart lit up, I really can speak upon my connection with her enough. She makes me so happy! It’s like a breath of fresh air to know that someone gets and understands me like she does. Since preference round gets emotional due to all the speeches and songs we both teared up, even though we both agreed that we are not much of emotional criers. I knew this was it, this was the house and sisterhood that was right for me. The girls were down to earth, genuine, passionate, and active girls. They are truly inspirational and I knew I wanted to be a part of that. They believe in female empowerment and being the best woman that you can be. It didn’t matter what happened at Tangent (the other one I pref’d) I knew it was going to be Cubic for me.

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06