View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 08:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDem
A word of caution, in the age limit thread you said you were planning to rush all 16 fraternities. While I understand that you want to check out every fraternity and see what each has to offer, this can be overwhelming and extremely time consuming. My school has 14 fraternities, and I don't really know of any guys who rushed more than maybe three or so, but that's not to say that there aren't guys who have done this. But all school are different. Also, rush events tend to overlap from fraternity to fraternity, since each org. is in charge of their own recruitment. I would recomend doing a little bit of preliminary work and finding out a bit about each chapter,Find out what reputations each group has and determine whether or not those are the kinds of guys you want to hang out with. Then cut a few from your list, you don't have to cut that many, but just ask yourself, how many events do you think it would be possible for you to attend?
You are right but what if I rush to, lets say 5, fraternities and don't get a bid? Maybe the 6th fraternity was going to offer me a bid. I want to try my chances at as many places as possible so that I can get myself a bid from somewhere.