View Single Post
Old 03-31-2004, 11:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Rollergirl2001
Should more "mostly white sororities and fraternities" be integrated?

I think that there should be more integration in those types of groups. I mean, this is 2004, not the 1960s. I think that if we don't integrate with some of the Greek Life, then we are setting a poor example with the younger generation. I mean, there is nothing wrong with having separate sororites and fraternities based on race, but I think that it's time to move on, and start being together as people of all colors.

I have read the story with the black girl from the University of Alabama who was trying to get into an "all white" sorority. I think that she sets a good example of trying to break the color barrier of Greek Life. I mean if a black girl is trying to get into a "all white" sorority, she should NOT be judged by the color of her skin.

Okay, my mother doesn't want for me to join a white sorority, but if I wanted to, then I'll do it. I won't let my color stop me. I mean, I went to a mostly white school, and I don't have a problem with that. Also, I listen to all types of music. If people have a problem with me joining a "all white" sorority, then it's just too bad. It's the 21st century and people need to move on. People just need to stop being narrow minded. If I have offended anyone, I'm real sorry.