View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
I have volunteered on campuses where chapters have not taken black women or other minorities. I cannot speak to their membership selection as I am not involved, however I can say that we gained several amazing members who have gone on to do amazing things as chapter and alumnae membership in our organization. I consider this our win and their missing out.
And would hope that anyone (collegiate members) would be able to discern personal hygiene and appropriate dress and hairstyle these days regardless of ethnicity, but alas. I am often wrong and darn, this gives more food for thought as always.

I take the major offense here to be that the NPC is focusing on values based recruitment and appearance alone should not be a core value for any NPC organization. I have seen allegations that the organization is question is actively seeking out grade risks, risk management risks, morals risks, etc. in order to have the prettiest and most sought after chapters. That completely goes against values based recruiting and a panhellenic sisterhood. .

My heart hurts for members of this organization who can’t support where the organization is heading. As AZTheta said, (or alluded to- I’m not so good as paraphrasing) this choice by one of 26 organizations could cause the demise of all of them. And that’s not okay when potentially 26 organizations have in the past created supportive networks for young collegiate women and their alumnae and most continue to do so to this day, but may get impacted and punished for the actions of one.

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06