View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 10:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Rushing as a senior?

Right now I'm a junior, graduating May 2009. I was in a local sorority since my sophomore year, but it's completely fallen apart twice now, and there are currently less than 5 of us, we haven't had a meeting and I haven't even seen any of the others since December, and I'm going to formally resign whenever all of us happen to be at the same place.

In the fall, I really would like to try to join a bigger sorority that actually does things and such, but I wonder if any would even really think about taking me since I'll be graduating at the end of the next semester? I tried searching old posts in the forum and found mixed answers, so yeah. Also, should I explain what happened with the sorority I was in? I get a feeling that may be a disadvantage, but I wouldn't want to potentially lie.

I'm not sure if I want to do it because I don't know if I'll have the time for it until next semester, but I don't want to go to rush events if it'll be futile from the beginning.

[edit]

If it's worth anything, Greek life isn't that popular on my campus, though there are a fair amount of organizations. There doesn't seem to be very many people interested in rushing each semester. It also is pretty much the norm for sophomores and juniors to go out, but not too sure about seniors.

Last edited by viStar; 03-02-2008 at 10:22 PM. Reason: more info