View Single Post
Old 09-18-2001, 10:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to Katey Alpha Gam Send a message via AIM to Katey Alpha Gam Send a message via Yahoo to Katey Alpha Gam
Name: Katey

Chapter-Zeta Alpha at Eastern Michigan University

Pledged WI 98 (talk about OLD) and then initated with my girl Leslie in Fall 98

I am currently a collegian

Why I joined AGD. Well I went through forrmal and all the chapters I was looking at kept dropping me ( I know now it was b/c of grades from HS) So I was sooo bummed out. I went to one AGD party and a now Alumnae, Lexi Dorothy was dancing to Love Shack all by herself and really didn't care what anyone thought. I started talking to her and I really liked her and she made me give AGD another look that week. All the members just seemed so cool and so fun and that they were girls that I could joke with, goof around with and have fun with!! I was really confused the day of prefrence so I didn't sign my bid card, I went home and cried. A semester went by and I was in swing class with an alumnae who was wearing her Lavalier, I went up to her and I was like "I remember you guys, I really want to check you out again" So she put me in touch with our VP recruitment and that night I called in sick to work to go to recruitment and when I got there I was the only PNM there but Everyone made me feel so welcome and that I was totally where I belonged and with people who were a lot like me. They were watching Boogie Nights on TV and that pretty much did it. If a group of girls can watch Boogie Nights and have fun and JOke, that's me. SO I joined!!!
My best memory just happened a few days ago. I am having a lot of problems with my chapter right now and I called some alumnae friends of mine. They both talked to me, told me what to do and how to take it and how to go about fixing it. One even apologized for the chapter and made sure I remembered the good imes we had when I joined!! They showed me that they still care and that we are always sisters. That's sisterhood!!! Also, being on greekchat has been a really cool thing. I have learned so much from all of you and I have been shown what real sisterhood is, it's something that we don't see all the time at ZA