View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 01:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
If the writer is indeed Greek, then shame on her for the connotations in the article that alcohol consumption is a part of Kappa's initiation. I am in no way defending what happened in this situation, but an unaware reader would think that Kappa initiation includes forced beer bongs and being left in the hands of predatory fraternity men. (Hope that I'm not giving anything away by saying that it doesn't.)

Everyone knows that we wear our catsuits and sequined tights for initiation. Those don't stand up to prolonged bouts of drinking.
Yeah, it seems like all hazing allegation articles claim that the hazing was part of an "initiation ritual." I suspect that this writer is NOT a Greek but actually read a press release that mentioned that Kappa is a fraternity so used that word. People outside the Greek Life world don't know what this "ritual" we speak of entails, so hazing seems to fit the bill. I smirked when I read that part, too. If the chapter was forcing girls to drink during your initiation ritual, the chapter has a lot more problems than just hazing.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!