View Single Post
Old 10-12-2000, 06:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Look over your shoulder, I could be right behind ya!
I personally would do the following:
1) Make rush longer: 4 or 5 days is not enough time to effectively judge future sisters. I think the ones who stick with it for two weeks or so really want it. That way we could have about 10 meetings at 1 hour each, then a 2 hour pref party...

2) This appeals just to less formal chapters in the North, but I definitely would have loved being in a chapter where we used alumnae references.

3) No freshman first sememster. They join groups based on who they partied with during orientation week and rumors they hear on campus.

4) More training for rho chis and more control over potentials at specific times. They need to recognize "recruit tampering". We had an experience where a group of potentials went to lunch and one girl whose sister just HAPPENED to know 1 girl in my sorority on another campus, sat there and dogged us out. Her words totally influenced a who group of potentials. We brought this up to NPC and they didn't do anything. Why? No witnesses, except word of mouth. So if the Rho Chis had been present at lunch, this may not have happened. Also, the rho chis let this girl continue the conversation between recruitment parties!!! UNBELIEVEABLE!

5) Finally, I would have more pre-recruitment training in NPC rules for individual campus chapters....THEY NEED IT!