View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 03:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneSig View Post
I went back to the 2011/2012 thread and found this under the "Campuses Open for Expansion" section:

Texas Christian University (NPC 2 year stacked expansion planned)- Alpha Gamma Delta, Alpha Omicron Pi, Delta Phi Epsilon, and Phi Mu presenting. Alpha Omicron Pi invited to colonize, Fall '12. Phi Mu invited to colonize, Fall '14.
My opinion expressed below comes after researching the great wealth of information contained in the LaneSig and irishpipes yearly greekchat threads concerning NPC Chapters and Campuses:

TCU highly aggravated AOII's colony situation by lifting Chapter Total from 150 in Fall '10 & Fall '11 to a whopping 210 in Fall 2012. No chapter average numbers, nor the numbers of PNMs starting the process at TCU Fall '10-'11-'12, are given on greekchat to verify the necessity of their huge CT increase.

AOII installed Lambda Tau chapter at TCU on November 11, 2012 with considerably fewer than 210 women, but I'm sure with thoughts toward Phi Mu's then-planned Fall 2014 colony.

However, AOII was given two additional years to grow when the Phi Mu TCU colony pushed forward to Fall 2016.

But before then, TCU grew Chapter Total to an even more incredible 241 in Fall 2015 when the number of formal PNMs had only increased by sixty-two women, from 930 in Fall '13, to 992 in Fall '15.

Phi Mu colonized and installed during Fall 2016 at TCU with approximately 200 initiates.

After keeping Chapter Total at an artificially high 241 during four Fall semesters, the Fall '19 Chapter Total decreased to 230. AOII substantially missed formal quota during Fall '18 & Fall '19, and only made quota two of their seven formal recruitment seasons.

The double whammy of unrealistic TCU Chapter Totals and the reported-on-greekchat ugly reception of AOII by members of the TCU greek community and TCU campus eventually helped lead to the recent closure of Lambda Phi chapter of AOII.

If a campus panhellenic is going to demand a high sorority CT, they ought to be promoting EVERY AVAILABLE CHAPTER as worthy to join and useful to their students.