View Single Post
Old 06-05-2020, 11:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
This sounds too much like when we were voting on mixers (which we did week by week). The mixer would get approved, only a third of the sisters would show up, and we would look like asshats. Then it came about that people were voting like this: “well I have a class/study group/rehearsal/what have you that night, but I voted in favor of it so other people could go and enjoy it.” After that, we said: don’t vote in favor of a mixer unless you can/intend to actually GO to the mixer.

I would use the exact same reasoning here. If you don’t intend to ever submit an expansion proposal to a community college, don’t vote in favor of it just because you think ABC or XYZ would want to. Let ABC and XYZ worry about themselves.
I don't think that quite applies to the way that NPC works (or at least worked in the past). Several of the groups that joined the NPC after its formation were forced to shed/spinoff chapters at schools that didn't fit the NPC requirements for a school with NPC chapters.

So given *that*, Sorority1 can't have chapters at Local Community College unless the NPC votes to allow to have its groups have chapters at schools that don't grant bachelor's degrees. The question is whether Sorority2which doesn't want to have chapters at Community voting to abstain on such a vote counts as the same as a "No" vote or not (so if 12 vote yes, and 14 abstain does it pass? (Assuming a Majority is required, which I don't know)

(Current policy: The institution must be a senior college or university
that is authorized to confer a bachelor’s degree and that has received a satisfactory rating by the pertinent recognized regional association of colleges and secondary schools or other recognized agency and/or entity that confers accreditation in the relevant jurisdiction.)