View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 09:36 PM
Guest1

Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZRose View Post
I have a question and I do not mean for this to sound snide or snippy, it's an honest question. Do any of you honestly believe that this has never happened before on any other campus with any other sorority? Or do you think it has and it just happened to get out in this particular instance?

My sophomore year in college one of the NPC sororities on campus closed after fall COBs. Their HQs shut the chapter down and the girls were all granted alumna status. There were all these rumors going around that they had gotten closed for hazing, or because they weren't "typical sorority girls." The truth was that they had really low numbers, and their nationals had wanted them to have a 30+ size pledge class for the fall (which NO one would ever get...formal was in the spring, and it wasn't a huge greek campus). The girls were great, but definately what some might think as awk. So the chapter was completely closed, and the org is supposed to be eligible to try to recolonize this year.

This situation just makes me so sad. It reflects poorly on women's GLOs across the board...even if it was just a few people from HQ or one org.

I'm so sorry to the DZ sisters...