View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 01:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy Please, any info on how to expand..

Hi,
I have been a sister of a local sorority for about a year. My school is mainly a commuter campus and Greek Life at my school is small. Although Greeks are the most involved on campus, taking part in student government and campus programming, recently Greeks have been receiving less and less support from the school. Last year all local organizations were forced to get liability insurance, putting locals in jeopardy of being pushed off campus.
My sorority is small but spirited. We currently have only 6 active sisters, with 3 seniors graduating this May. We have no dues, instead we fundraise for everything we do. Unfortunately with the addition of approximately six thousand dollars worth of insurance per year, we don't see much hope of surviving for much longer.

We are currently exploring all our options, and I would really appreciate any advice you may have. Something that has been brought up is possible expansion to other campuses in the area. Where would we start? I know we would first have to see if there are schools in the area that are open for expansion. After that, im not really sure how colonization works.
Please, any information or ideas would be helpful. We are really not sure what to do, and I would hate to see my organization die out in my hands.
Thank you.

Last edited by pearl14; 02-20-2011 at 01:47 PM.