View Single Post
Old 08-22-2015, 11:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Day 2

Notes from this day are quite a bit more concise! It rained all day, she is tired, and I think she is getting sick. ☺

First on the schedule is Pinot Grigio. Princess had 1 rec from a sweet lady in our church. Girl #1 – Good Conversation. Girl #2 nothing stood out, but okay. The president did pop in and visit and tell her how glad she was that she was there. She gave this house one star. (The president pops by and you give it one star? I don’t understand princesses!)

Syrah was up next. This rec came from out of state from a family friend. Girl #1 Strong with double underlines. #2 Super Sweet. #3 good conversation. She REALLY liked it here. This house that she REALLY, REALLY like was worthy of two stars. Sometimes, I just don’t understand my darling daughter.

Shiraz was the third visit. The rec from Shiraz went above and beyond. Here the princess talked to 4 girls. #1 – rehearsed speech. #2 – a little better. #3 Good conversation. #4 – LOVED. She wished the conversation could have been longer with 3 & 4. One Star.

Malbac was next and she had one rec from a collegiate girl at a neighboring college. #1 – Greys Anatomy. #2 – Mission Trip #3 – Mission Trip and #4 – A recent trip. Again, she enjoyed the 3 and 4 conversations. One Star.

She had one rec for Riesling. The first girl and her had a common interest and decent conversation, but the second girl stared right through her. The third girl was extremely interview type, and in the end, she couldn’t see herself here.

Sake was next. She had high hopes as many girls from our church are in this sorority at another school. One rec from a recent graduate and the chapter even reached out to the rec said they were excited to meet her! (maybe they do this for everyone?) In the end, this is another that she just couldn’t see herself. There were a total of 5 girls with really short conversations. A simple no.

Chablis was a chapter we didn’t have a rec for, but a new found friend knew someone. I do believe someone sent something on her behalf. She talked to 2 girls (those seem to be her favorite) Both girls had good conversations and it received the honored two stars. She said she really liked it at Chablis and could definitely see herself there.

Sauvignon Blanc was her last chapter after dinner. She had one rec for this Sauvignon Blanc. She really liked the chapter and all 3 girls who rushed her. It also received two stars.

In the end, it was really hard to rank them. While she went back and forth with a couple (she loved this about them, but not that. She loved that about this one, but not something else.) She hoped she was invited back to her favorites!

Mom note: She is definitely getting sick. I learned a few things that I didn't know, or perhaps had not thought about in a while. Daughter doesn't like small talk. She enjoys deeper meaningful conversations. Trying to tell her those come later, was like hammering a nail into her cement dorm walls. Not happening. She was easily annoyed after repeating the same things over and over -- especially at the houses that had 4 or 5 girls talk to her in a 20 min time frame. Her suggestion? Why can't we make a video and tell them all of those things so they see our personality and get the basics out of the way. Then move on. HA. I told her to hang in there, get some rest, and get some meds!